Media retailers have been solely blaming President Donald Trump for “fanning the flames of hate” within the wake of final week’s bomb scares and synagogue capturing however have did not grapple with their very own violent rhetoric and hateful assaults on the president.
2 hundred present and former journalists signed a letter final week condemning Trump’s assaults on the media and accused him of inciting violence. CNN President Jeff Zucker stated in a press release that “there is a total and complete lack of understanding at the White House about the seriousness of their continued attacks on the media.” (RELATED: CNN Claims They By no means ‘Directly’ Blamed Trump For Pipe Bombs)
However at a Wednesday rally in Wisconsin, Trump stated the media has a “responsibility to set a civil tone” and blamed them for a few of the “anger” within the nation.
The media claimed to be victimized by Trump’s criticism, however failed to think about the position they’ve performed in heating up rhetoric.
Here’s a record of probably the most hateful and aggressive assaults on the Trump administration and Trump supporters by the media:
- 1 1. MSNBC’s Scarborough: Trump Damages American Dream Extra Than Terrorists
- 2 2. MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Suggests Wringing Sarah Sanders’ Neck
- 3 three. CNN’s Don Lemon Declares It A ‘Fact’ That Trump Is ‘Racist’
- 4 four. CNN’s Fareed Zakaria: ‘Treasonous’ Not Robust Sufficient To Describe Trump
- 5 5. MSNBC’s Donny Deutsch: Trump Might Be A Sociopath
- 6 6. HuffPo Publishes Article Calling For ‘Execution’ Of Trump
- 7 7. Politico Reporter Calls Trump Supporters ‘Garbage People’ With Dangerous Tooth
- 8 8. Scarborough Compares Child Separation To Concentration Camps
- 9 9. MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Calls For ‘Vengeance’
- 10 10. Nicolle Wallace: Are Trump Ladies Lifeless Inside?
- 11 11. GQ Author: Trump Has Radicalized Extra Individuals Than ISIS
- 12 12. WaPo Op-Ed: Evaluating Trump To Hitler Belittles Hitler
- 13 13. CNN’s April Ryan Jokes About Road Brawling With Sarah Sanders
- 14 14. NYT Columnist: Trump’s Immigration Coverage Is ‘Evil’
- 15 15. CNN Host Reza Aslan Calls Trump A ‘Piece Of Shit’
- 16 16. WaPo’s Jennifer Rubin: Sarah Sanders Ought to Be Harassed As A ‘Life Sentence’
- 17 17. Nicolle Wallace: Trump Officers ‘Do Not Appear To Be Human Beings’
- 18 18. MSNBC’s Elise Jordan: Ought to Sarah Sanders Be Welcome In Society?
- 19 19. NYT Publishes Trump Assassination Fantasy
- 20 20.CNN’s John Avlon Compares ‘America First’ To Nazi Message
- 21 21. MSNBC Analyst Nominates Trump Constructing For ISIS Bombing
- 22 22. MSNBC’s Deutsch Calls Trump An ‘Evil, Evil Man’
- 23 23. CNN Visitor Threatens To Intestine Professional-Trump Panelist ‘Like A Fish’
- 24 24. Nicolle Wallace Advised Jeb To Punch Trump In The Face
- 25 25. John Brennan Accuses Trump Of Treason
1. MSNBC’s Scarborough: Trump Damages American Dream Extra Than Terrorists
Joe Scarborough, the host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” claimed on the eve of the September 11 terror assaults that President Donald Trump has achieved extra injury to the American dream “than any terrorist attack ever could.”
Scarborough wrote in The Washington Publish, “The question for voters this fall is whether their country will move beyond this troubled chapter in history or whether they will continue supporting a politician who has done more damage to the dream of America than any foreign adversary ever could.”
My Newest—> Trump is damaging the dream of America greater than any terrorist assault ever might. https://t.co/DEnYurEFmW
— Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) September 11, 2018
2. MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Suggests Wringing Sarah Sanders’ Neck
MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace turned so indignant after one White Home press briefing that she requested reporter Kristen Welker how she avoids “wringing” Press Secretary Sarah Sanders’ neck.
“Kristen Welker, how do you resist the temptation to run up and wring her neck?” Wallace stated.
three. CNN’s Don Lemon Declares It A ‘Fact’ That Trump Is ‘Racist’
CNN anchor Don Lemon has referred to as Trump a racist on quite a few events. After a visitor critiqued him for making that declare in August, Lemon stated, “A statement of fact is not an attack.”
“It’s not active like, oh, my gosh, you catch someone in the act being racist. You judge people on their lives, on their action. And that’s what I’ve judged from the facts,” Lemon asserted. “And know this administration and his supporters is fact-challenged, but all you have to do is look at the facts.”
four. CNN’s Fareed Zakaria: ‘Treasonous’ Not Robust Sufficient To Describe Trump
CNN anchor Fareed Zakaria reacted to President Trump’s joint press convention with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland, by saying that “treasonous” is just not a robust sufficient phrase for this president.
5. MSNBC’s Donny Deutsch: Trump Might Be A Sociopath
Donny Deutsch, a frequent member of the “Morning Joe” panel on MSNBC, recognized the president with sociopathy in 2017.
“I did some homework and there’s nothing glib about this. I just need 40 seconds, how to determine if someone’s a sociopath,” Deutsch stated. “So many traits of a sociopath this man has displayed.”
6. HuffPo Publishes Article Calling For ‘Execution’ Of Trump
HuffPo revealed, then unpublished, an article in June 2017 saying that Trump and his allies ought to obtain the “ultimate punishment — execution” if tried and convicted of treason.
“Trump must be prosecuted — if convicted in a court of law — executed,” contributor Jason Fuller wrote, including that impeachment isn’t a robust sufficient measure to “drain the swamp.”
7. Politico Reporter Calls Trump Supporters ‘Garbage People’ With Dangerous Tooth
Politico’s Marc Caputo referred to as Trump supporters at a rally in Florida “garbage people” and opined that if “you put everyone’s mouths together in this video, you’d get a full set of teeth.
Caputo deleted the tweet and apologized after swift backlash.
While it’s usually a good idea to just delete tweets that are wrong, I own this and the criticism (both accurate and misleading) that has followed. I’ll do better. Here they are: 3/3 pic.twitter.com/G2rZrHjYWb
— Marc Caputo (@MarcACaputo) August 1, 2018
8. Scarborough Compares Child Separation To Concentration Camps
MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough compared the policy of separating families at the border when they immigrate illegally to Nazi concentration camps on June 15.
“Children are being marched away to showers, just like the Nazis,” Scarborough claimed.
9. MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Calls For ‘Vengeance’
MSNBC anchor Chris Matthews stated in June that Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement from the Supreme Courtroom is a “time for vengeance” for Democrats who didn’t get to verify Merrick Garland.
“This is a time for vengeance for what happened two years ago, and if they don’t reap the vengeance now with four and a half months to go before the election, they will not look very strong to their base, and I think they’ll be under attack,” Matthews stated.
10. Nicolle Wallace: Are Trump Ladies Lifeless Inside?
Wallace contemplated in June if the ladies within the Trump household are literally human beings, stating, “Well, let me ask you, you know more about the Trump women, the Trump family than anyone. What do they do on a day like today? Are they just the most stoic human beings, are they numb, are they dead inside, are they paid off, I mean, what’s their deal?”
Wallace’s visitor, Vainness Truthful reporter Emily Jane Fox, replied merely, “Yes, yes, and yes.”
11. GQ Author: Trump Has Radicalized Extra Individuals Than ISIS
GQ’s Julia Ioffe claimed on CNN this week that the president has radicalized extra individuals on this nation than the Islamic State.
“I think this president, one of the things that he really launched his presidential run on is talking about Islamic radicalization. And this president has radicalized so many more people than ISIS ever did,” Ioffe stated.
Anchor Jake Tapper did not push again on Ioffe’s assertion, and Ioffe was later pressured to apologize on air.
12. WaPo Op-Ed: Evaluating Trump To Hitler Belittles Hitler
The Washington Submit ran an op-ed in September that asserted evaluating Trump to Hitler is definitely an insult to Hitler.
“Hitler was a psychopath. Trump is just a con man,” writer Shalom Auslander wrote.
Hitler, Auslander reasoned, believed what he stated whereas Trump is simply enjoying fake to feed his base.
“Hitler had some opinions, he had some plans. They were monstrous and evil, and reason enough for even an avowed atheist to consider the existence of Satan. But I don’t recall Hitler flip-flopping,” he added.
13. CNN’s April Ryan Jokes About Road Brawling With Sarah Sanders
After a contentious White Home press briefing change in Might, CNN analyst April Ryan chided White Home Press Secretary Sarah Sanders for allegedly implying a “physical fight” by pushing again on her questions.
Ryan later joked on Twitter about getting right into a “street fight” with Sanders.
“She needs to know what she is saying,” Ryan tweeted. “Take off that pretty ring to fornthe [sic] street fight.”
14. NYT Columnist: Trump’s Immigration Coverage Is ‘Evil’
The New York Occasions’ Nicholas Kristof stated in Might that he believes separating households on the border is an “evil” coverage.
“Is this really who we are? As a parent, as the son of a refugee myself, I find that in this case Trump’s policy has veered from merely abhorrent to truly evil,” Kristof wrote.
15. CNN Host Reza Aslan Calls Trump A ‘Piece Of Shit’
CNN’s Reza Aslan referred to as Trump a “piece of shit” in June 2017 when the president touted his journey ban after a terror assault in London.
CNN ultimately canceled Aslan’s present after a horde of previous, vulgar tweets directed towards his political opponents have been surfaced by The Day by day Caller. (RELATED: CNN Host Who Referred to as Trump A ‘Piece Of Sh**’ Has History Of Profane Tweets)
16. WaPo’s Jennifer Rubin: Sarah Sanders Ought to Be Harassed As A ‘Life Sentence’
After White Home press secretary Sarah Sanders was refused service at a restaurant, Washington Publish columnist and MSNBC contributor Jennifer Rubin asserted in July that Sanders obtained what she deserved.
“Sarah Huckabee has no right to live a life of no fuss, no muss, after lying to the press, after inciting against the press. These people should be made uncomfortable, and I think that is a life sentence,” Rubin stated.
17. Nicolle Wallace: Trump Officers ‘Do Not Appear To Be Human Beings’
MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace questioned in October 2017 if the individuals who work within the Trump administration may even be categorised as human beings.
“There’s no capacity for humanity, these do not appear to be human beings,” Wallace stated. “They trotted General Kelly out as a human shield last week, a political human shield to take the swings that Donald Trump wasn’t man enough to take for himself.”
18. MSNBC’s Elise Jordan: Ought to Sarah Sanders Be Welcome In Society?
MSNBC contributor Elise Jordan questioned after Sanders being refused service on the Pink Hen restaurant if the press secretary ought to all the time be welcome in society.
“Should someone who lies constantly and enables the president’s lies be openly welcomed in society wherever they please? Should they face any kind of social or societal pressure?” Jordan requested.
19. NYT Publishes Trump Assassination Fantasy
The New York Occasions revealed a author’s fantasy concerning the president being assassinated by his personal Secret Service staff at some point earlier than pipe bombs have been despatched to Democratic officers and the CNN headquarters in New York Metropolis.
The story contains a Russian agent who’s on a mission to kill Trump when his gun misfires. Trump’s Secret Service agent, as an alternative of capturing the Russian agent, provides him his personal gun to assassinate the president.
20.CNN’s John Avlon Compares ‘America First’ To Nazi Message
Avlon, a contributor on CNN, stated on Tuesday that Trump’s “America First” messaging is like Nazi Germany’s Kristallnacht.
“You talked about the 1930s and how many Americans turned a blind eye to Kristallnacht and other things. At that same time was the original incarnation of America first, a group of isolationists that did not want to intervene against Hitler and they were accused of anti-Semitism with great credibility,” Avlon stated. “And this president has adopted that mantle without any apparent caring of that legacy.”
21. MSNBC Analyst Nominates Trump Constructing For ISIS Bombing
MSNBC terrorism analyst Malcolm Nance tweeted in April 2017 that he needs to appoint President Donald Trump’s property in Turkey as the subsequent location for a bombing by the Islamic State.
“This is my nominee for the first ISIS suicide bombing of a Trump property,” Nance tweeted after which deleted.
22. MSNBC’s Deutsch Calls Trump An ‘Evil, Evil Man’
Deutsch referred to as the president an “evil man” in January after the president referred to sure nations as “shitholes.”
“This is just an evil, evil man,” Deutsch asserted. “Our president is not only racist, is not only stupid, is not only imbalanced, he is evil.”
23. CNN Visitor Threatens To Intestine Professional-Trump Panelist ‘Like A Fish’
Rick Wilson, a By no means Trumper and frequent CNN visitor, threatened to intestine fellow panelist John Fredericks like a fish over his help for Trump in January.
“John, I will gut you like a fish on this show, if you want to keep this up. You don’t have a substantive argument,” Wilson declared after arguing about immigration with Fredericks.
24. Nicolle Wallace Advised Jeb To Punch Trump In The Face
Wallace revealed in October that she as soon as suggested Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush to punch Trump within the face after Trump insulted his spouse
“I told Jeb Bush after the debate that I thought he should have punched him in the face. Even if you lost, he insulted your wife, he came down the escalator and called Mexicans rapists and murderers — he said, ‘What do you think I should have done?’ I said, ‘I think you should have punched him in the face and then gotten out of the race. You would have been a hero,’” Wallace stated.
25. John Brennan Accuses Trump Of Treason
Former CIA Director and MSNBC contributor John Brennan stated Trump is responsible of treason after his joint press convention with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland.
“Donald Trump’s press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of ‘high crimes & misdemeanors,’” Brennan wrote on Twitter. “It was nothing short of treasonous. Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???”
Comply with Amber on Twitter